The Importance of Community Projects

Rachel Agbenyega, Contributor, 8th grade

Community projects are a valuable part of the eight grade experience, and even those younger than 8th grade. They teach many valuable lessons about real life and the problems that exist. They allow people a chance of responsibility. They inspire middle school students about issues in their community. These projects are essential milestones in a Pelham Middle Schoolers life. 

The lessons and problems that students learn about will help them a lot. People can be ignorant to the world’s problems. Many different people notice different problems, and nobody really notices or cares about all the problems that exist in the world. However, with the community problems, students, with their own unique opinions, can bring to light the problems that they really care about. This will allow other students to understand the need for solutions to problems they may have understood the full extent of.

In order to bring these problems to light, there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Since these projects are done in 8th grade, students are just about to enter high school where they will be faced with a lot more responsibility. In middle school, there is a gradual increase of responsibility, but the community projects are a big milestone. They allow students to take charge of their ideas and put forth their best work. 

Finally, they inspire middle school students to put work into problems that they see. These projects get students thinking about different problems that exist and also make a format on how to achieve solutions to these problems. This could be really helpful for students in the future. This is because they will have already worked on solving a problem in their community with a lot of support from teachers. The success of these projects will also inspire students to try and solve more problems in the future.

The community projects a vital part of the Pelham Middle School experience. They add a lot of value to the students lives and will help them in their future endeavors.